News & Events
A cute shitzu is getting a bath with Lovely Fresh Shampoo:) November 21, 2016 10:40
Tips For Choosing A Right Dog Shampoo June 17, 2016 15:28Regular bathing is important for dogs, just like it is for humans. A bath helps to keep a dog's coat and skin clean and aids in the healing process when dogs are recovering from skin irritation or damage to their coats. For pet owners with allergies, regularly bathing their family dog can minimize symptoms by removing dander as well.
While the benefits of bathing dogs regularly are many, pet owners must be careful about what type of shampoo they use to cleanse their dog's coat. Many shampoos contain harsh ingredients that can irritate sensitive skin and even expose pets to potentially toxic substances. When choosing shampoo for your dog, there are few factors to take in consideration, some of the beneficial features of dog shampoo include:
- Natural Formulation. If shampoo is free of harsh chemical and synthetic ingredients and is nontoxic, it is therefore less likely to trigger sensitivity reactions in dogs that are allergic to chemicals like sulfates, phthalates and parabens. Natural formulation also makes shampoo gentle to humans' skin, protecting pet owners who suffer from sensitivity to the same types of chemicals.
- Biodegradable Formulation. The natural ingredients make the shampoo biodegradable. When washed down the drain of a tub or sink or emptied out of a basin or dog bathtub outdoors, the shampoo does not release harmful chemicals into the environment, making it an eco-friendly option.
- Anti-inflammatory Ingredients. Oatmeal is usually a go to ingredient that has been shown to have natural anti-inflammatory benefits. This allows the dog shampoo to help calm redness and swelling and to soothe itching.
- Softening Ingredients. Natural moisturizers help to condition dogs' coats with every use. The conditioning benefits of the shampoo mean that pet owners do not have to use a separate conditioner for dogs to keep their pets' coats feeling silky and looking shiny. This simplifies bath time and saves pet owners money.
- Repairing and Healing Ingredients. With every use, repairing ingredients address damage to the coat and aid in the healing process to help skin recover from irritation. If shampoo is rich in nutrients that are vital to coat and skin health for dogs, it should be great for your four legged friend.
- Deodorizing Ingredients. It is important that after rinsing shampoo leaves behind a light, pleasant scent that lingers on the coat for days. The shampoo can help keep dog odors at bay when used regularly.
- Ease of Use. You would not want to spend too much time applying and rinsing the product, so when it lathers up easily and rinses clean, pet owners don't have to struggle to bathe their pets. As mentioned earlier, if there is already a conditioning element added to the formula, it would be a great benefit and save a lot of time.
Lovely Fresh shampoos are all of the things mentioned above and that's why they are so great for dogs! At Lovely Fresh, we only use natural high quality ingredients in our formulas!
And last but not least, it is very important to remember your dogs breed and genetic proneness to certain skin or coat sensitivities or diseases as well as dogs individual health condition and allergies. If your pet suffers from any serious conditions, you should always consult with your vet on any type of product that can be used on your dog.